Highlights of 2012
I hadn’t fully planned the format for this post, and I wanted to make a video, but I decided it was simpler to post my list and add a photo gallery. So the following is a list of the highlights of the year, and brief reflections on a number of them, as milestones.
1. Returning to Atlanta for my final semester. I enjoyed my final semester of classes. Which was made extraordinary by actually doing well in my conversational French class. It wasn’t easy, but it was worth it. I faced my fear of going beyond 202, and it paid off.
2. Being able to do a lot of things as a senior, that I had put off doing. The silver lining being that being a senior made them even more memorable.
3. Writing online for the Profile, and working with Christen Thompson. I even appeared in print. That was pretty neat. While co-editing the 2012 Yearbook. There was a lot of work on the finishing touches, but I learnt a lot from the experience.
4. Being in a relationship that taught me A LOT about how to be in one.
5. Spending time with the Junior and Sophomore class, and learning from them in the process.
6. Going to Ireland for Spring Break
7. Graduating on MAY 12, 2012 as planned, making the Honors List and in the top half of my class.
8. Moving back to Jamaica. Being able to spend 6 whole months with the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.
9. Honing my passion for photography, videography and youth, and being able to put it all together to serve Happy Hills, Fusion Caribbean and Cross Road youth fellowship. At the same time, trying my hand at new things and gaining viable skills. Even being able to help the SO((U))L movement.
10. Reconnecting with family and friends in Kingston. It’s been a blessing to be able to be there for my grandmothers. Especially for my maternal grandmother, first to celebrate her 90th birthday, and to support her when my uncle passed.
11. Being at Charissa’s engagement party.
12. Spending the holidays with my family and friends.